Are you turning 65 this year? Then it is time for you to find out your Medicare options. Registering for Medicare seems like a daunting task because of different enrollment periods, associating plans, limits, and the ways to apply.
The application procedure can be devastating, but it’s not the case all the time. Applying online for Medicare can be a great choice for people wishing to register at their own pace while in the coziness of their home.
There are many rewards to moving to Medicare online registration.
When Should You Apply For Medicare?
Before we discuss the benefits of applying online for this insurance program, let’s first take a look at when you should apply for it. Depending on different situations and circumstances, there are several different enrollment periods to register for it.
Your first chance to join the program is in the Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). This is a seven months period that begins three months before your 65th birth anniversary and ends after three months.
If you choose to delay the enrollment process as you are getting healthcare coverage through your current employer, you will need to apply during a Special Enrollment Period (SPE). And that will begin after the end of your employment insurance.
Benefits of Registering Online
You can apply for Medicare Open Enrollment in both online and offline mode. There are several advantages of registering for Medicare online. Such as:
- The online Medicare submission can be accomplished at any time that is convenient for you. The offline mode of applying requires appointments or long wait times.
- You can instantly submit the application to Social Security for review after completing it.
- When you apply online for Medicare, you have control over the information, which naturally results in fewer mistakes or errors.
- You can apply for this insurance online from the comfort of your home or anywhere you want.
Who Can Apply for Medicare online?
According to the guidelines,one can apply for Medicare online if:
- They are within three months of turning 65 years of age.
- They desire to receive Medicare benefits currently and do have Medicare coverage.
- They are presently not getting SSI benefits.
- They exist in the United States or one of its territories
Looking for an independent Medicare broker near you?
Skyline Benefit is an independent Medicare broker and advisor with the expertise in Medicare options.
Your relationship with Skyline Benefit does not end at the enrollment or sale. Instead, we will be an advocate for you in many years to come, helping you address concerns with your Medicare plan. We can help you review your healthcare coverage needs annually so that, as time goes by, you will continue to have the best Medicare option.